Woodford Green, Essex

Historical Description

Woodford Green, a village in Woodford St Mary parish, Essex, three Quarters of a mile W of Woodford station on the G.E.R., and 5 ½ miles N by E of Stratford. It has a head post office, a good inn, and Congregational and Wesleyan chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Woodford Green are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: