Wicken Bonant, Essex
Wicken Bonhunt or Wicken Bonant, a small village and a parish in Essex, 2 miles WSW of Newport station on the G.E.R. main line, and 5 SW of Saffron Walden. Post town and money order and telegraph office Newport, under Bishops Stortford. Acreage, 850; population, 166. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £230 with residence. The church, which was restored and partly rebuilt in 1858-59, consists of chancel, nave, S porch, and western tower with broach spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wicken-Bonant St. Margaret|
|Poor Law union||Saffron-Walden|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wicken Bonant from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: