White Colne, Essex
Collie-White, a village and a parish in Essex, on the river Colne and on the Colne-Valley branch of the G.E.R., 1 mile E of Colne railway station, and 41 miles ESE of Halstead. Post town, Halstead; money order and telegraph office, Earls Colne. Acreage, 1513; population, 346. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; value, £109 with residence. Patron, Keble College, Oxford. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style. There is a Baptist chapel, with burial-ground attached.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||White Colne All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Halstead|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for White Colne from the following:
Online maps of White Colne are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: