Warley Common, Essex

Historical Description

Warley Common, a place in Little Warley parish, Essex, 1 mile S of Brentwood railway station. It has a post office under Brentwood. There are barracks capable of accommodating about 1500 men, and a garrison chapel. The barracks are used for the training of recruits for the Essex Eegiment, and are the headquarters of the 3rd and 4th battalion of that regiment (militia).

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: