Vange or Range, Essex
Vange or Range, a village and a parish in Essex, 1 ¾ mile WSW of Pitsea station on the London, Tilbury, and South-end railway, and 9 miles NE from Tilbury, with a post office under Stanford-le-Hope (S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Stanford-le-Hope. Acreage, 1411; population, 292. The parish council has five members. The manor belongs to the Curtis family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £300 with residence. The church is a small building in the Perpendicular style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Vange All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Vange or Range from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: