Thames Haven, Essex

Historical Description

Thames Haven, a place on the S verge of Essex, on the river Thames, and in Fobbing parish, 28 miles from London, and 3 ½ E by S from Stanford-le-Hope. The London, Tilbury, and Southend railway has a line to this place, branching from near Stanford-le-Hope, chiefly for the transport of cattle. There is a dock belonging to the company, used for unloading cattle from small vessels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Thames Haven are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: