Thames Haven, Essex
Thames Haven, a place on the S verge of Essex, on the river Thames, and in Fobbing parish, 28 miles from London, and 3 ½ E by S from Stanford-le-Hope. The London, Tilbury, and Southend railway has a line to this place, branching from near Stanford-le-Hope, chiefly for the transport of cattle. There is a dock belonging to the company, used for unloading cattle from small vessels.
Online maps of Thames Haven are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: