Stock or Harvard Stock, Essex
Stock or Harvard Stock, a village and a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles E of Ingatestone station on the main line of the G.E.R. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ingatestone (R.S.O) Acreage, 2724; population, 603. The manor, with most of the land, belongs to Lord Petre. Lilystone Hall is a chief residence, very pleasantly situated, and has a Roman Catholic chapel attached. Stock bricks take their name from this parish. The living is a rectory, united with Ramsdon Bellhouse, in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £4.00 with residence. The church was partly repaired and partly rebuilt in 1847, and is a building of stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, N aisle, S porch, and a western tower of wood, with shingled spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stock All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Chelmsford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stock or Harvard Stock from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: