Stanegate, Essex

Historical Description

Stanegate, a hamlet in Steeple parish, Essex, 5 ½ miles ESE of Maldon. It had anciently a Cluniac priory, a cell to Lewes, and it ranks as a vicarage, annexed to Steeple.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: