South Hanningfield, Essex
Hanningfield, South, a village and a parish in Essex, 3 ½ miles N from Wickford, and 8 S by E from Chelmsford station on the G.E.R. Post town, Chelmsford; money order office, Wickford; telegraph office, Stock. Acreage, 1488< ( population, 204. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory of West Hanningfield. The church is a small building of rubble in the Early English and Decorated styles.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||South Hanningfield St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Chelmsford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for South Hanningfield from the following:
Online maps of South Hanningfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: