Pledgdon, Essex

Historical Description

Pledgdon, a hamlet in Henham parish, Essex, on high ground, adjacent to the G.E.R., 6 miles NE of Bishop Stortford.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Civil parish Henham
Hundred Clavering
Poor Law union Bishop-Stortford

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Pledgdon from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: