Norton Mandeville, Essex

Historical Description

Norton Mandeville, a parish in Essex, near the river Roding, 2 ½ miles NE of Ongar station on the G.E.R. Post town, Ingatestone; money order and telegraph office, Chipping Ongar. Acreage, 775; population, 135. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £61. The church is a small structure of stone and shingle in the Norman style. There is also a small Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Norton-Mandeville All Saints
Hundred Ongar
Poor Law union Ongar

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Norton Mandeville from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Norton Mandeville are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: