North Benfleet, Essex
Benfleet, North, a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles NE of Pitsea station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway, 2 ½ S of Wickford station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Bowers Giffurd (S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Wickford. Acreage, 1601; population, 169. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £420 with residence. Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is a small but ancient building of stone and flint in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||North Benfleet All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Benfleet from the following:
Online maps of North Benfleet are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: