Newland St Lawrence, Essex

Historical Description

Lawrence, St, Newland, a parish in Essex, on the-estuary of the Blackwater, 5 miles N from Southminster station on the G.E.R., and 8 N by E of Burnham. Post town. and money order and telegraph office, Tillingham, under Southminster. Acreage, 2132; population, 189. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £260' with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a modern building of Kentish ragstone in the Perpendicular style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: