Magdalene Laver, Essex
Laver, Magdalene, a parish in Essex, 3 miles NE from North Weald station on the G.E.R., and 5 NE from Epping. Post town, Ongar; money order and telegraph office, Harlow. Acreage, 1240; population, 182. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £280. The church is an ancient building of flint and wood in the Early English style. There is an endowed church school with teacher's house.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Laver-Magdalen St. Mary Magdalene|
|Poor Law union||Epping|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Magdalene Laver from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: