Little Warley, Essex
Warley, Little, a parish, with a village standing on an eminence, in Essex, 3 miles S by E of Brentwood, and 2 from East Horndon station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway. Its N part contains Warley Common, and its post town is Brentwood; money order and telegraph office, Great Warley. Acreage, 1595; population, 1165. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. The manor with most of the land belongs to Lord Headley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross value, £218 with residence. The church is of brick and stone, consisting of chancel, nave, and a western tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Warley St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Warley from the following:
Online maps of Little Warley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: