Little Tey, Essex

Historical Description

Tey, Little, a parish in Essex, 1 ½ mile W by S of Marks Tey Junction station on the G.E.R., and 2 ½ miles E by N of Coggeshall. Post town, Kelvedon; money order and telegraph office, Marks Tey. Acreage, 343; population of the civil parish, 50; of the ecclesiastical, 134. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £150 with residence. The church is a small building of stone, consisting of chancel and nave, and a small tower of wood.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Little Tey St. James
Hundred Lexden
Poor Law union Lexden and Winstree

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Tey from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Little Tey are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: