Little Stambridge, Essex
Stambridge, Little, a village and a parish in Essex, 1 mile from Rochford station on the G.E.R., and 4 ½ miles N by E of Southend. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Rochford. Acreage, 605; population, 142. There are large steam flour mills. The manor belongs to the Tabor family. The ecclesiastical parish was united with Great Stambridge in 1888. The church was removed, and such parts as were available given to a mission church at Southend. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £86 with residence. Patrons, the Charterhouse and the Lord Chancellor. See preceding article.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Rochford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Stambridge from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: