Little Laver, Essex

Historical Description

Laver, Little, a parish in Essex, 1 mile E of High Laver, 5 miles N of Ongar, and 6 ESE of Harlow stations ontheG.E.R. Post town, Ongar; money order and telegraph office, Matching Green, under Harlow. Acreage, 962; population, 124. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £190 with residence. The church is a small building of rubble in mixed styles.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Little Laver St. Mary
Hundred Ongar
Poor Law union Ongar

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Laver from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Little Laver are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: