Little Holland, Essex

Historical Description

Holland, Little, a parish in Essex, on the coast, near the mouth of Holland Brook, 2 miles S of Great Holland, 2 from Clacton station, and 3 S by W of Kirby station on the G.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Great Clacton, under Colchester. Acreage, 652; population, 78. The coast rises in cliffs. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Great Clacton, in the diocese of St Albans. The church is in ruins.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Hundred Tendring
Poor Law union Tendring

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Holland from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: