Little Henny, Essex

Historical Description

Henny, Little, a parish in Essex, half a mile NW from Great Henny. Post town and telegraph office, Sudbury; money order office, Ballingdon. Acreage, 419; population, 62. The manor, with Eyes Lodge, belongs to the Barnardis-ton family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross commuted value,, £90. The church is in ruins.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Hundred Hinckford
Poor Law union Sudbury

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Henny from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Little Henny are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: