Little Clacton, Essex

Historical Description

Clacton, Little, a parish in Essex, 3 miles S from Thorpe station on the G.E.R. It has a post office under Colchester; money order and telegraph office, Great Clacton. Area of parish, 3009 acres; population, 522. Cooks Green and Honeypot Lane are adjacent hamlets. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; value, £136. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Little Clacton St. James
Hundred Tendring
Poor Law union Tendring

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Little Clacton from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Little Clacton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: