Little Chesterford, Essex
Chesterford, Little, a parish in Essex, on the river Granta, 1 mile SSE of Chesterford station on the G.E.R., and 3 NNW of Saffron-Walden. It has a post office under Saffron-Walden; money order and telegraph office, Great Chesterford. Acreage, 1207; population, 205. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Great Chesterford, in the diocese of St Albans. The church is ancient but very good, and has a brass of 1462. There is a small Wesleyan chapel. Chesterford Park is a large modern mansion standing in a deer park of about 350 acres.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: