Lee Chapel, Essex

Historical Description

Lee Chapel, formerly an extra-parochial tract, is now a parish in Billericay union, Essex, about 1 ½ mile from Sain-don. A chapel which gave name to it was anciently a chantry, but has been demolished. Acreage, 475; population, 15.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Lee Chapel are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: