Kelvedon Hatch, Essex
Kelvedon Hatch, a parish in Essex, on the river Boding, 3 miles S by E from Chipping Ongar station on the G.E.R, and 5 NNW from Brentwood. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Brentwood. Acreage, 1684; population, 368. Kelvedon Hall, a very fine mansion, is the seat of the Wright family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £260 with residence. The church is a building of brick in the Early English style; consists of nave and chancel, with a small spire, and contains monuments of the Lnthers, the Wrights, and the Dolbys. A Roman Catholic chapel is attached to Kelvedon Hall.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Kelvedon-Hatch St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Ongar|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kelvedon Hatch from the following:
Online maps of Kelvedon Hatch are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: