Hutton, a village and a parish in Essex. The village stands 2 ½ miles W from Billericay, and has a station on the G.E.R. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office under Brentwood. The parish comprises 1699 acres; population, 458. Button Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese 'of St Albans; gross value, £385 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's. The church is Early English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a spire; and was rebuilt and enlarged in 1873. There are a Congregational chapel and charities amounting to about £53 a year.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hutton All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Billericay|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hutton from the following:
Online maps of Hutton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: