Horsey Island, Essex
Horsey Island, an island in Kirby-le-Soken parish, Essex, in a ramified bay near the Naze, 5 ½ miles SSW of Harwich. It is 2 miles long and 1 ½ mile broad, has a few houses, communicates by a ford with the mainland, and consists of grazing marsh.
Online maps of Horsey Island are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: