High Easter, Essex

Historical Description

Easter, High, a village and a parish in Essex, 4 ¼ miles S by W from Dunmow station on the G.E.R., and 8½ NW of Chelmsford, with a post and money order office under Chelmsford; telegraph office, Great Waltham. Acreage, 4902; population, 690. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; value, £250 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of London. The church is a building of rubble in mixed styles. There is a Congregational chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish High Easter St. Mary
Hundred Dunmow
Poor Law union Dunmow

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for High Easter from the following:


Maps

Online maps of High Easter are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: