High Beech, Essex
High Beech, an ecclesiastical parish in Waltham Abbey civil parish, Essex, in Epping Forest, 2 miles E of the boundary with Middlesex, 2 from Loughton railway station, and 2 ½ from Chingford. It was constituted in 1836, and it has a post office (S.O.) under Loughton; money order and telegraph office, Loughton. Acreage, 1500; population, 548. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church, which stands in the forest, was consecrated in 1883, and is a cruciform building of stone in the Gothic style.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: