Herongate, a hamlet in East Horndon parish, Essex, 3 ½ miles SE from Brentwood. It has a post and money order office under Brentwood; telegraph office, Brentwood. Two barns are here, remains of Heron Hall, the seat of the Tyrrells, taken down in 1790.
Online maps of Herongate are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: