Hatfield Heath, Essex
Hatfield Heath, an ecclesiastical parish in Hatfield Broad Oak parish, Essex, about 2 miles S from Hatfield Broad Oak, and 2 ½ E from Sawbridgeworth station on the G.E.R. It has a post and telegraph office at the Heath; money order office, Hatfield Broad Oak. Population, 635. The manor belongs to the Lowndes family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, o£108 with residence. The church is a modern building of stone in the Early English style, built in 1860, and enlarged in 1883.
Online maps of Hatfield Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: