Hatfield Heath, Essex

Historical Description

Hatfield Heath, an ecclesiastical parish in Hatfield Broad Oak parish, Essex, about 2 miles S from Hatfield Broad Oak, and 2 ½ E from Sawbridgeworth station on the G.E.R. It has a post and telegraph office at the Heath; money order office, Hatfield Broad Oak. Population, 635. The manor belongs to the Lowndes family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, o£108 with residence. The church is a modern building of stone in the Early English style, built in 1860, and enlarged in 1883.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Hatfield Heath are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: