Great Henny, Essex
Henny, Great, a parish in Essex, on the river Stour, at the boundary with Suffolk, 3 miles S from Sudbury station on the G.E.R. Post town and telegraph office, Sudbury; money order office, Ballingdon. Acreage, 1034; population of the civil parish, 430; of the ecclesiastical, 305. The parish got its present name before the time of Edward the Confessor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value,, £395. Patron, the Earl of Vernlam. The church stands on an eminence with a fine prospect, and has a tower and spire.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of Great Henny are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: