Good Easter, Essex

Historical Description

Easter, Good, a village and a parish in Essex, on an affluent of the Chelmer, 4 ½ miles W by S from Great Waltham, and 7 ¼ NW from Chelmsford on the G.E.R., with a post and money order office under Chelmsford; telegraph office, Roxwell. Acreage, 1982 ; population, 572. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Alban's; net value, £200. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's. The church, an ancient building of rubble in mixed styles, was restored in 1886. Chalk End and Farnbridge are adjacent hamlets. There is a chalybeate spring in the parish, but only of local notoriety.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Good Easter St. Andrew
Hundred Dunmow
Poor Law union Chelmsford

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Good Easter from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Good Easter are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: