Foxearth or Foxheard, Essex

Historical Description

Foxearth or Foxheard, a village and a parish in Essex, near the river Stour, at the boundary with Suffolk, 3 ½ miles NW by N of Sudbury station on the G.E.R., with a post office under Sudbury; money order and telegraph office, Cavendish. Acreage, 1724; population, 382. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £139 with residence. The church is old but very good, and has an embattled tower surmounted by a lofty spire. There is a Congregational chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Hundred Hinckford
Poor Law union Sudbury

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Foxearth or Foxheard from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: