Easthorpe, Essex

Historical Description

Easthorpe, a village and a parish in Essex, 1s; mile S bv E from Marks Tey Junction station on the G.E.R., and 4 miles ESE from Coggleshall. Post town and money order office, Kelvedon ; telegraph office, Marks Tey. Acreage, 991; population of the civil parish, 93 ; of the ecclesiastical, 107. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value. £275 with residence. The church is a small building of brick in the Early English style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Easthorpe St. Mary
Hundred Lexden
Poor Law union Lexden and Winstree

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Easthorpe from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Easthorpe are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: