East Hanningfield, Essex
Hanningfield, East, a village and a parish in Essex, 3 ¼ miles N of the river Crouch, and 6 SE from Chelmsford station on the G.E.R. There is a post and money order office under Chelmsford; telegraph office, Danbury. Acreage, 2682; population, 396. The manor belongs to Lord Petre. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £416 with residence. The church, which was erected in 1884-85, is a cruciform building of stone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||East Hanningfield All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Chelmsford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for East Hanningfield from the following:
Online maps of East Hanningfield are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: