Dunton or Dunton Waylett, Essex

Historical Description

Dunton or Dunton Waylett, a parish in Essex, 5 miles SSW from Billericay, and 6 SE from Brentwood, and 4 ¼ from Laindon station on the London, Tilbury, & Southend railway. Post town, Brentwood; money order office, Herongate; telegraph office, Horndon-on-Hill. Acreage, 2310;, population, 137. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £280 with residence. Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church, rebuilt in 187 3, is a building of brick in the Decorated style.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Dunton-Waylett St. Mary
Hundred Barstable
Poor Law union Billericay

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Dunton or Dunton Waylett from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: