Doddinghurst, a parish in Essex, 4 ½ miles N by W from Brentwood station on the G.E.R., and 4 ¼ SE by S from Ongar. Post town, Brentwood; money order and telegraph office, Kclvedon Common. Acreage, 1917; population, 401. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £631 with residence. The church is an ancient and interesting building of stone and rubble in the Early English style, recently well restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Doddinghurst All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Ongar|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Doddinghurst from the following:
Online maps of Doddinghurst are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: