Cranham, a parish in Essex, 1 mile E from Upminster station on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway, and 4 ½ miles SE by E of Romford. Post town, Romford; money order and telegraph office, Upminster. Acreage, 1879 ; population, 465. Coombe Lodge and Beredens are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans ; value, £450 with residence. Patron, St John's College, Oxford. The church, rebuilt in 1874, is a building of stone in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Cranham All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Romford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cranham from the following:
Online maps of Cranham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: