Corringham, Essex

Historical Description

Corringham, a village and a parish in Essex, on the river Thames above Canvey Island, and on the London, Tilbury, and Southend railway, 2 miles NE of Stanford-le-Hope station, and 7½ S by E of Billericay. Post town, Stanford-le-Hope (S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Stanford-le-Hope. Acreage, 3376 of land and 1057 of tidal water and foreshore; population of the civil parish, 320; of the ecclesiastical, 268. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; value, £560 with residence. The church has a Norman tower and two brasses, and is good.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Corringham St. Mary
Hundred Barstable
Poor Law union Orsett

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Corringham from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Corringham are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: