Chadwell Street, Essex

Historical Description

Chadwell Street is a hamlet in Barking parish, Essex, 2 miles E from Great Ilford. Money order and telegraph office, Chadwell Heath (R.S.O.) It has a church originally built as a chapel of ease to Aldborough Hatch, but now held as an independent charge. The living is a perpetual curacy; net yearly value, £50.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: