Chadwell, Essex

Historical Description

Chadwell or Chadwell Heath, a hamlet in Dagenham parish, Essex, on the G.E.R., 2 ½ miles E by N of Great Ilford. It has a station on the railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (S.O.) It has a church, built in 1884, and Baptist and Congregational chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ancient County Essex
Civil parish Barking
Hundred Becontree
Poor Law union Romford

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Chadwell from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: