Bowers Gifford, Essex
Bowers-Gifford, a parish in Essex, on the London, Tilbury and Southend railway, 1 ½ mile E of Pitsea station, and 7 miles SE of Billericay. It has a post office (S.O.); money order office, South Benfleet; telegraph office, Pitsea station. Acreage, 2472 of land and 21 of water; population, 183. Much of the land is marshy. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £476 with residence. The church is an edifice of stone in the Perpendicular style.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Bowers-Gifford (St. Margaret) from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: