Bobbingworth or Boringer, Essex

Historical Description

Bobbingworth or Boringer, a parish in Essex, 2 ½ miles NW of Ongar station on the G.E.R., and 5 ½ SE of Harlow. It has a post office under Ongar, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1642; population, 313. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans ; gross value, £381. The church is a small building of brick in the Decorated style. Blake Hall is a chief residence.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Bobbingworth St. German
Hundred Ongar
Poor Law union Ongar

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Bobbingworth or Boringer from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: