Berechurch, a parish within Colchester borough, Essex, near the Roman river, 2 ½ miles S by W of Colchester railway station. Post town, Colchester. Population of the ecclesiastical parish, 167. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans. The church was restored in 1872. Berechurch Hall is a fine modern mansion, erected in 1882.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bere-Church St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Colchester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Berechurch from the following:
Online maps of Berechurch are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: