Beaumont cum Moze, Essex

Historical Description

Beaumont-cum-Moze, a parish in Essex, near the head of an inlet of the North Sea, between the Naze and Harwich, 2 miles N from Thorpe station on the G.E.R., and 10 E of Colchester, under which it has a post office of the name of Beaumont; money order and telegraph office, Thorpe-Ic-Soken. Acreage, 3058, of which 221 are foreshore and water; population, 402. Beaumont Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, o£464 with residence. The church is good, and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Ecclesiastical parish Beaumont cum Moze St. Leonard
Hundred Tendring
Poor Law union Tendring

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Beaumont cum Moze from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: