Beauchamp Roding, Essex
Beauchamp Roding, a parish and village in Essex, situated on the river Eoding, about 5 miles NE from Ongar station on the G.E.R. Post town and telegraph office, Ongar; money order office, White Roding. Acreage, 1262; population, 254. the living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; gross yearly value, £241 with residence. The church, which is dedicated to St. Botolph, is a building of rubble in the Early English style, standing on a bold eminence overlooking an extensive pastoral landscape. It was restored in 1870. Birdsgreen is an adjacent hamlet. The manor formerly belonged to the Beauchamps.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Beauchamp Roothing St. Botolph|
|Poor Law union||Ongar|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Beauchamp Roding from the following:
Online maps of Beauchamp Roding are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: