Barking Side, Essex
Barking-Side, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Great Ilford civil parish, Essex. The village is 3 miles N from Ilford station on the G.E.R., and 4 N from Barking. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ilford. Population, 3464. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £170, in the gift of the Vicar of Great Ilford. The church, erected in 1840, is a building of brick in the Norman style. There is a village home here for neglected and destitute children conducted by Dr Bar-nardo, and there are a Free Methodist chapel and a Gospel Mission HaU.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: