Ballingdon cum Brinxdon, Essex

Historical Description

BalIingdon-cum-Brinxdon, a parish in Essex, on the northern verge of the county, 1 mile SW of Sudbury station on the G.E.R. It has a post and money order office under Sudbury, the telegraph office. The whole tract was long a parish under the name of Brundon, and seems to have been part of the manor of Brundon, which in the earliest times belonged to the family of Limesi. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of All Saints, Sudbury, in the diocese of Ely. There is no church.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Essex
Hundred Hinckford
Poor Law union Sudbury

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Ballingdon cum Brinxdon from the following:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Essex online: