Broadwood-Widger, a village and a parish in Devonshire. The village stands on the acclivity of a hill, 4 miles from Lifton station on the G.W.R. and Ashwater on the L. & S.W.R., and 11 NNW of Tavistock. It has a post office under Lifton (R.S.O.), which is the money order and telegraph office. The parish comprises 10,655 acres; population of the civil parish, 803; of the ecclesiastical, 671. About 1500 acres are open moorland. In 1884 a detached part of Lifton, known as Westweek, was amalgamated with this parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; net value, £290 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church is an old edifice, and there are Wesleyan and Bible Christian chapels.