Woodthorpe (Staveley), Derbyshire

Historical Description

Woodthorpe, a hamlet in Staveley parish, Derbyshire, about 2 miles from Staveley station on the M.R. Post town, Chesterfield; money order and telegraph office, Staveley. There are almshouses for eight poor men and women, with a chapel, founded in 1632.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: